Profiles Desarrollo (IT)
Big multinational specialized in electronical and electrical manufacturing, currently going under a digital transformation and looking for keeping on growing in their Barcelona's Data Hub.
What will you do? This engineer will work directly with the company's teams to review our software applications and associated processes to ensure they are privacy compliant and perform mandatory Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) and privacy reviews. This role reports to a Vice President (Data Excellence), with dotted line to another Vice President (Certification) and to the Data Protection Officer. The Privacy Engineer will be working in collaboration with other cybersecurity and privacy professionals, application owners, legal teams, and engineering organizations.
What will be your responsibilities?
The Privacy Engineer will work with project teams to ensure applications meet personal data protection and privacy regulatory requirements by performing mandated Data Protection Impact assessments (under European and other regulatory requirements) including privacy compliance reviews and risk assessments.
• Review applications to ensure compliance, identify risks and provide mitigating actions.
o Performing privacy compliance reviews and presenting them to relevant stakeholders.
o Performing risk assessments to evaluate the privacy risks for individuals and the company.
o Drafting recommendations with respect to collecting, sharing and accessing personal information, marketing to consumers, providing and honoring opt-outs, transparency, data retention, etc.
o Advising on effective solutions for enabling privacy and data protection by design and by default capabilities.
• Test new products and tools systematically to identify use cases and areas for improvement.
• Work with the team to develop templates, training and awareness materials.
• Research and analyze legal or regulatory requirements (including incoming privacy laws worldwide) to translate privacy rules and policies into actionable engineering requirements.
What qualifications will make you successful?
• To be fluent in English. Any other language will be desirable.
• 3 years minimum of experience in the privacy field, including previous performance of several DPIAs.
• Knowledge of the CNIL DPIA tool or of another standard DPIA tool is desired
• BA/BS in a technical discipline required.
• We welcome diversity: both Law degrees and Computer Science degrees are welcome.
• Privacy and/or Information Security certification (e.g. CISSP, CISM, CIPP, CIPM) and knowledge of applicable privacy regulations and frameworks (e.g. GDPR, CCPA, NIST CSF) desirable.
• Relevant education or external accreditation in the areas of data protection, security, audit, quality or risk management would be a plus.
• Strong communication (incl. in a technical manner) and collaboration skills are required.
• Ability to handle complex information, solve problems, and manage multiple tasks.
• Strong organizational skills are required.
• Permanent contract with the company.
• Competitive salary according to experience.
• Training plan and access to our training platform where you can develop your professional and personal skills
• Work-life balance, flexitime, etc.
• Flexible compensation plan: restaurant tickets, health, and life insurance, etc.
• Career path opportunities within a multinational company
• And more benefits per site!