De duración indefinida
Our client is a gambling and online gambling operator in both business-to-consumer (B2C) and business-to-business (B2B) markets. The company has four business segments with a number of brands including sports labels; games labels; B2B and non-core assets.
You’ll be at the forefront of helping the company to manage both existing tax obligations as well as emerging obligations in the fast-developing and leading-edge world of the taxation of digital services
• Manage all local country tax matters in Mexico, including corporate income tax and indirect tax matters (ie VAT, gambling taxes, e-invoicing, etc) and other taxes (ie withholding taxes, etc) for our Mexican business operations;
• Work with the operations team, legal, country controllers and other stakeholders;
Partner with our tech teams to come up with automated solutions to the compliance process and lead implementation if needed;
• Coordinate and manage the use of outside advisors (if needed) to support tax positions;
• Month-end financial reporting activities - including variance analyses, prepare/review specific tax account reconciliations, Lead income tax accounting and reporting under IFRS and local GAAP for Mexico. Including local quarterly and annual tax provision calculations, including deferred income tax calculations and RTPs;
• Review annual income tax returns, monthly returns, and supporting work papers;
• Be current with changes in tax laws that could impact the Company’s operations;
• Management of tax audits tax controversy in the region, as required;
• Coordinate with local country tax service providers for filing of direct and indirect tax returns in Mexico;
• VAT technical knowledge, including Mexican indirect taxes (VAT, gambling taxes)
• VAT on cross-border transactions.
• Familiarity working directly with ERP systems (preferably Oracle Cloud/Fusion)
• Confident designing, reviewing and working with Excel-based tax returns
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders (particularly internal stakeholders such as finance, legal and commercial colleagues) and be seen as a trusted expert
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Tax, Finance, or a related
• 4 years of combined tax experience in public accounting or a large multinational company with a corporate tax department or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
• Experience with tax rules in Mexico.
• Proficiency in English
• Incorporation: immediate
• Salary: competitive
• Contract: indefinite
• Working hours: complete
• International environment