Our client is a global leader within the chemical sector.
As a Collections Specialist you will be working in the collections division and reporting to the collections manager. The core function of this role provides a wide range Collection and Sales Support services to assigned countries. The Collections Specialist is responsible for collections of outstanding accounts receivable from the existing client base and all other aspects of collections, to support in disputes resolution and to reduce accounts receivable delinquency.
You will be responsible for:
- You will be minimizing bad debt risk, maximize accounts receivable collections.
- You will be reviewing open accounts for collection efforts.
- You will conduct collection calls to collect Accounts Receivables.
- You will mail correspondence to customers to encourage payment of overdue receivables.
- You will negotiate customer disputes to resolution and documents root cause.
- You will develop relationships with internal/external customers.
- You will maintain accurate collection files.
- You will identify issues attributing to account delinquency and discuss them with the Credit Manager.
- You will review and monitor assigned accounts and all applicable collection reports.
- You will provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements.
- You will participate in process improvement projects, and support other management directives as prescribed.
We are looking for a person with the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- Native level of Dutch with a high level of English and Spanish (French is a plus).
- Demonstrated effective customer service skills, preferably 1-2 years' experience in collections, including interaction with a large customer base.
- Accounts Receivable knowledge/experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of bank products/payment methods including Letters of Credit, bank guarantees, direct debits, credit cards, Bill of Exchange, Drafts, RIBA, Cheques.
- Effective business writing and professional communication skills.
- Strong communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Assertive and able to negotiate with business sales reps and interface with senior management.
- Stable position in a stable company.
- Permanent contract.
- Tickets restaurant.
- Dynamic working environment.
- Full time position.
- Hibrid work mode.