Perfiles Desarrollo (IT)
You will work an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, it is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 5.4 billion Euros turnover, over 900 laboratories across 50 countries and about 55,000 staff.
The IT Asset Manager is a role with core focus on asset management within the ITIST region. This includes close cooperation with stakeholders from Regional Business Lines to ensure they receive support in terms of hardware, software and contracts management as well as daily collaboration with Group SAM (Software Asset Management).
Asset Management at the regional ITIST (IT Infra Support Team) level including:
- Design, implement and manage the Regional Software Asset Management, in accordance with Group’s guidelines.
- Collect the software hardware demand for all the Regional Business Lines
- Forecast and track spending on software hardware
- Contribute to the development of best practices, processes and SOPs (Standard Operation Procedures) related to the Software Asset Management lifecycle process to continuously improve software asset management service and its costs.
- Report on the use of software within the region to identify compliance gaps and areas of cost savings.
- Provide accurate information related to software contracts, licensing rules and inventories.
- Review and assess new/incremental software demand in close collaboration with Group Software License Administrator
- Purchase software licenses in collaboration with Group Software License Administrator.
- Respond to and resolve software license inquiries (including support with software installation process)
- Support internal and external audits.
- Generate and publish reports for different populations (Regional Business Lines, Executive, etc.), and consolidate third party reporting.
Measure and report SAM function KPIs and software cost allocations.
- Exchange with Software vendors in terms of software purchasing and pricing
- Academic degree in IT or Business Management preferred
- ITIL v3/v4 Foundation certification strongly preferred
- Accreditations/certifications in SAM and/or project management disciplines are appreciated.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Software Asset Management.
- Experience in IT Service Management (Framework/Practices) and/or Project Management environment is a plus
- Experience in Google Cloud Platform FinOps is a plus
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Eager to learn and continuously develop personal and technical capabilities
- Understanding of IT concepts including but not limited to hardware, software, networks and cloud technology.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office with focus on Excel, PowerPoint, PowerBi, and Visio.
- Knowledge of Contract Management.
- Experience working on Snow Software and ServiceNow is a nice to have.
- Analytical mindset focused on detail
- Self-starter, structured, ability to work under minimal supervision is strongly preferred
- Good communicant with strong interpersonal skills, stress resistant and flexible work attitude; strong customer focused, with a track record of working with various stakeholders.
- Hybrid or remote position, up to you
- A permanent position in a dynamic working environment with a good team spirit where personal development and growth are encouraged.
- The ability to progress and gain increased areas of responsibility (within the Program and the Eurofins Group).